Skip to content

Trump threatens to drop bomb in Oman

कालोपाटी

२ घण्टा अगाडि

Kathmandu. U.S. President Donald Trump has threatened to impose “severe military action” if Oman interferes with Iran on the Strait of Hormuz and its safe trade movement.

In a phone call with Fox News correspondent Troy Yingst on Monday, Trump threatened to “drop the bomb” if he obstructed the U.S. position in Oman. Discussing the ongoing tensions in the Middle East and the status of talks with Iran, Trump said that Iran should give a signal of surrender.

Trump’s remarks came just as the US and Iran signed a 60-day agreement in June to move forward with talks aimed at ending the war. However, he said he was not in a “hurry” to put pressure on Iran.

Asked about the parallel talks between Iran and Oman to control the Strait of Hormuz, Trump threatened to take “severe” action if Oman intervened.

Trump has said that the US naval sanctions on Iran are continuing and that this is putting more economic pressure on Tehran. He said Iranians are “good poker players” but are in a difficult situation right now. He said November’s midterm elections had not affected his decision.

Trump also said that the amount of weapons used in the Middle East has been very low so far. According to him, the US has a large stockpile of medium-sized weapons, but during former President Joe Biden’s administration, a large part of sophisticated weapons and air defense systems were provided to Ukraine.

Meanwhile, Iran and Oman are negotiating to create a mechanism to ensure the safe passage of commercial vessels through the Strait of Hormuz. After the technical discussions, both countries have also finalized the map of joint shipping route for the waterway.

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Ismail Baghhai confirmed that the talks were continuing, saying it was “complicated” and that it took time to reach an agreement. According to him, the process has been prolonged due to the involvement of many sides in the talks and the “subversive efforts” of some sides.

“The main objective of the talks is to establish a mechanism to ensure the safe passage of commercial vessels in the Strait of Hormuz while upholding sovereignty of both littoral states,” he said.

The latest developments between the US, Iran and Oman have been watched with interest by the international community as tensions in the Strait of Hormuz, one of the world’s main oil and energy transport routes, could have a direct impact on global energy supplies and oil prices.

प्रतिक्रिया दिनुहोस्

सम्बन्धित समाचार